Trinicenter.com Trinicenter.com Trinidad and Tobago News
Online Forums
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Trinicenter.com International Forum
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Direction for the Diaspora (Read 133 times)
Wardell
Newbies

Trinicenter

Direction for the Diaspora
Jun 14th, 2002 at 3:57am

by Wardell Lindsay

Assessment:
I am a husband, a father, a grandfather and a Black American. I am concerned about the future for my grandchildren. I was born and raised in America and grew up in the 50’s and 60’s. The 60’s generation, in many ways and many days, preached and practiced Maat -Truth and Justice. My grandchildren are growing up in a world ruled by people who don’t know Maat.Complaining and criticizing does not change the world. 

Strategy:
If you would change the world, first change yourself! The Ancient Egyptians (Africans) word for education is "Self Change - S-Khepera". Scientific Education is the means of changing our situation and ourselves.  Africans, e.g. Egypt, was once the center of scientific learning and ruled the world. Around, 1600, Europeans saw science as the key to competition and every European Nation created and supported a Royal Academy of Science. They studied the wisdom of the Egyptians, (via the Greeks) and applied science to advancing their civilization. In less than 200 years Europeans ruled the world.

Why science? Science was the religion of our ancestors. Science to our African ancestors was the essence of Maat, understanding God‘s work. The African Diaspora can return to their ancient ancestors religion with science education.

Education while essential is not enough. A strategy is also necessary to change the situation. In America politics is the means to change. This is the genius of the founders of America. Our Strategy must be focused on education and Maat politics: Truth and the Golden Rule.  George Washington’s Farewell Address is a good guide for domestic and foreign politics.

America’s Constitution is a key reason for America’s success. It provides a framework for cooperation between strangers and competing interests. This is an under-appreciated aspect of America’s success and should be modeled or adopted by African countries trying to improve their economy. The Preamble to the Constitution is a laudable Goal for any country to achieve:

We the people, of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

IP Logged