Statutory Declaration form of TnT
Statutory Declaration of a Person Nominated as a Candidate for Election as a Member of the House of Representatives
Nominated as a candidate for election as a member of the House of Representatives for
the Electoral District of
do solemnly and sincerely declare as
That I am duly qualified to be elected as a member of the House of Representatives for this Electoral District and that-
1. I am a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago of the age of eighteen years upwards.
2. *I have resided in Trinidad and Tobago for a period of at least two years immediately before the date of my nomination for election.
3. I am not, by virtue of my own act, under any acknowledgement of allegiance, obedience or adherence to a foreign power or state.
4. I am not an undischarged bankrupt under any law in force in any part of the Commonwealth.
5. I am not a person certified to be insane or otherwise adjudged to be of unsound mind under any law in force in Trinidad and Tobago.
6. I am not under sentence of death of imposed on me by a Court in any part of the Commonwealth.
7. I am not serving a sentence of imprisonment exceeding twelve months imposed on me by a court in any part of the Commonwealth or substituted by competent authority for some other sentence imposed on me by such a court, nor am I under such a sentence of the execution of which has been suspended.
8. I am not disqualified for membership of the House of representatives by any law of parliament by reason of my holding, or acting in, any office the function of which involve- (i) any responsibility for or in connection with the conduct of any election;
(ii) any responsibility for the compilation or revision of any electoral register
9. I am not disqualified for membership of the House of representatives by any law of parliament by reason of having been convicted of any offence relating to elections.
10. I am not disqualified for membership of the House of representatives by any law of parliament by reason of-
(i) my holding or acting in any office or appointment specified by such law;
(ii) my belonging to any of the armed forces of the State specified by such law or to any class of person so specified that is comprised in any such force; or
(iii) my belonging to any police force specified by such law or to any class of person so specified that is comprised in any such force.
I make this declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and according to the Statutory Declarations Act (Ch. 7:04), and I am aware that if there is any statement in this declaration which is false in fact which I know or believe to be false or do not believe to be true, I am liable to fine and imprisonment.
Declared before me this
Back to stealing elections